Candidate Examination Rules
- No personal items, including but not limited to, mobile phones, hand-held computers/personal digital assistants (PDAs) or other electronic devices, pagers, watches, wallets, purses, firearms or other weapons, hats (and other non-religious head coverings), bags, coats, books, and/or notes, pens or pencils are allowed in the testing room. You must store all personal items in a secure area as indicated by the TA or return them to your vehicle. All electronic devices must be turned off before storing them in a locker. You will be asked to empty your pockets and ensure nothing is in them. The test center is not responsible for lost, stolen or misplaced personal items. Studying IS NOT allowed in the test center. Visitors, children, spouses, family or friends ARE NOT allowed in the test center.
- Before you enter the testing room, the TA may collect your palm vein image digitally for the purposes of identity verification and to protect the security and integrity of the test. You understand that if there are discrepancies during this verification process you may be prohibited from entering the testing room, you may not be allowed to reschedule your testing appointment and you may forfeit your test application fee. Upon entering and being seated in the testing room, the TA will provide you with materials to make notes or calculations and any other items specified by the exam sponsor. You may not remove these items from the testing room or write on your noteboard until your exam has been started. If you need new or additional materials during the exam, you should raise your hand. You must return all materials to the TA immediately following the exam.
- The TA will log you into your assigned workstation. You will verify that you are taking the intended exam. You will remain in your assigned seat until escorted out of the testing room by a TA.
- Once you have entered the testing room, you may not communicate with other candidates. Any disruptive, threatening or fraudulent behavior may be grounds for termination of the exam.
- You understand that eating, drinking or chewing gum, smoking and/or making noise that creates a disturbance for other candidates is prohibited during the exam.
- To ensure a high level of security throughout the testing experience, you will be monitored at all times. Both audio and video may be recorded.
- Break policies are established by the exam sponsor. Some exams may include scheduled breaks, and instructions will appear on the computer screen at the appropriate time; whether or not the exam time stops depends on the exam sponsor’s policy. If you take an unscheduled break at any other time, the exam time will not stop. The TA will set your workstation to the break mode, and you will take your ID with you when you leave the room. The TA will check your ID before escorting you back to your seat and will then resume your exam.
- While you are taking a scheduled break, you are permitted to access personal items that you stored during the exam. While you are taking an unscheduled break, you are NOT permitted to access personal items other than medication required at a specific time unless you receive prior permission. Unless specifically permitted by the exam sponsor, you MUST receive permission from the TA PRIOR to accessing personal items that have been stored, including but not limited to: mobile phones, exam notes and study guides.
- You must leave the testing room for all breaks. During unscheduled breaks, please verify with the TA whether your exam sponsor permits you to leave the building.
- You will need to show identification and/or have your palm vein pattern captured when leaving and re-entering the testing room. The TA will escort you to your assigned workstation and continue the exam when you return.
- If you experience any problems or distractions or if you have other questions or concerns, you must raise your hand and the TA will assist you. The TA cannot answer questions related to exam content. If you have concerns about a test question or image, make a note of the item (question) number, if available, in order for the item to be reviewed.
- You understand that a Non-Disclosure Agreement or other security statement may be presented to you before the exam and if so, you must agree to its terms and conditions within the specified time limit, if applicable, in order to take the exam or you will not be permitted to proceed with the examination and may forfeit your exam fees. If you select “DECLINE,” your exam will end.
- After you finish the exam, you may be asked to complete an optional, onscreen evaluation.
- After you finish the exam you will raise your hand and the TA will come to your workstation and ensure that your exam has ended properly. The exam sponsor may display a score on the computer screen after the exam or may provide a printed score report or a confirmation notice that you completed the exam. If printed information is provided, you will receive any printed information only after presenting your ID and returning all materials supplied before the exam to the TA. You will not leave these items at your testing workstation.
- You may not remove copies of exam questions and answers from the testing center, and may not share or discuss the questions or answers seen in your exam with anyone. If you do not follow the above rules, tamper with the computer or if you are suspected of cheating, appropriate action will be taken. This may include invalidation of your exam results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Computer Based Testing Tutorial
Candidate Examination Rules
Contact our team here.